Monday, April 21, 2014

It's the Shoes!

Running shoes are the one essential piece of equipment for runners.  They come in all shapes and sizes, and it's an immensely personal choice for people.  I've run in everything from Nike, Asics, Saucony, Adidas, New Balance, and Brooks.  By far, I've been the most happy with Brooks of late.  They are a runner-focused company and produce the most comfortable and durable shoes I've ever worn.  My shoes of choice these days are:

The PureGrit 2 for tempo, trail, and shorter runs.


The Glycerin 10/11 for long and mid distances.

These are two really different shoes, but I've found that the variance in heal height, and foot strike has strengthened my stride has resulted in less overall injury.   As I embark on this next level and on to ultramarathons, we'll see how this set of gear holds up.  Let me know in the comments what works for you, and if you have any recommendations for a great endurance ultra trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment